Bursting with flavor, this healthy dish is bright, fun and colorful.
- Butternut Squash Purée: Preheat oven to 425˚F. Cut butternut squash in half lengthwise and scrape out seeds with spoon. Place squash halves on parchment paper–lined baking sheet, skin side down. Drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle salt, pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon and allspice over top.
- Bake squash for 35 to 40 minutes or until tender. Scoop out squash pulp from squash; discard skins.
- In food processor, purée butternut squash, cream, butter, maple syrup, ginger and orange zest until smooth.
- Cod: Meanwhile, stir together maple syrup, soy, sesame oil and chili pepper. Toss with cod; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Increase oven to 450˚F. Bake cod on parchment paper–lined baking sheet for 8 to 10 minutes or until just cooked through, and starting to flake.
- Sautéed Spinach: Melt butter in skillet set over medium-high heat; cook for about 2 minutes, swirling pan until butter stops frothing and turns light brown color. Stir in garlic and chili flakes; cook for 30 seconds. Stir in spinach, salt and pepper; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until wilted.
- Divide butternut squash purée among 4 shallow bowls; top with spinach and cod. Serve with lime wedges.
- Substitute pumpkin for butternut squash if desired.
- Garnish each serving with a sprinkle of sesame seeds.