- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Roast cherry tomatoes in 500 degree oven with salt, pepper and good olive oil until blistered. Set aside.
- Next sautee mushrooms with olive oil, garlic season with sea salt and fresh cracked pepper. Keep warm and set aside.
- Segment one blood orange and keep juices.
- Trim fennel, remove core and slice thin.
- Mix fennel, blood orange juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and let sit.
- Heat cast iron pan on medium high, add a drizzle of olive oil. Add salmon to pan once hot, laying salmon down away from yourself to avoid splashing the oil. Sear salmon skin side down for 2-3 minutes then flip and cook 3-4 minutes on other side until internal temp of 145.
- Let salmon rest while plating the fennel salad and sauté mushrooms and cherry tomatoes.
- Place salmon on top of salad.
- Finish with fennel fonds and extra virgin olive oil.
Junior Sous Chef Nelson Bridger // Bistro '67